We are seeking a Network Engineer to join us. This position solves client challenges and implements cutting-edge technology for companies with 5 to 50 users.
In this role, you’ll be obsessed with making our customers love us, solving problems and keeping lines of communication open. We want our customers to say, “Wow” after every interaction with our staff. As a primary customer contact, your biggest responsibility will be bringing the “Wow” to our clients with excellent communication skills, technical know-how and your desire to go the extra mile to make someone’s day.
You’ll love working with us because of the never-ending learning opportunities, professional growth and fabulous work environment. We were recently voted one of the top places to work in Illinois — who doesn’t want that? We are great at what we do and genuinely care about seeing each other succeed. We’re selective about who joins our team so if you know your stuff and are an overall awesome human being, we’d like to hear from you!
For the right candidate we offer:
- Competitive base salary with bonus potential, commensurate with experience
- Continuing education and learning culture
- Microsoft networking environment
- Excellent and comprehensive benefits
- Fun and challenging work environment
- Small team based atmosphere
- Act as the highest escalation resource on the team
- Troubleshoot complex technical issues over the phone or in a remote session
- Perform server and workstation migrations and other client projects as assigned
- Provide on-site technical support to clients in the Chicago area (10% of the time)
- Create and maintain positive customer relationships
- Provide pre-sales support by performing network evaluations
- Ensure the technical quality delivered by your team is excellent
- Mentor teammates on their technical ability
- Exceptional troubleshooting skills. Root problem solving skills, no band-aids please.
- 5-7 years in a technical consulting role providing both remote and onsite technical support
- 4+ years with one or more of the following technologies:
- Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating Systems (Windows 7, 8, 10)
- Microsoft Windows Server Operating Systems (2008 R2, 2012)
- Microsoft Windows SBS (2008, 2011)
- Microsoft Exchange (2007, 2010, 2013, 2016)
- Microsoft Active Directory, IIS, SQL Server (2008, 2008 R2) and Remote Desktop/Terminal Services
- Strong networking knowledge
- Mac experience a plus
- Cloud experience a plus. Office 365, Azure, AWS, etc.
- Successfully worked on project teams to complete projects and communicate status internally and with clients
We can teach you the technical side of our business, but we can’t teach you to love working with customers. You might fit in here if some of the following are true:
- You measure your success for the day by whether you’ve made people ridiculously happy.
- People have ever looked at you suspiciously because you’re a little too excited to be at work at this time of day.
- You end interactions with clients with “Is there anything else I can do to help?” because you are genuinely interested.
- You’ve ever called back a client just to be sure that everything went okay, even though you were pretty sure it was.
You can have a conversation about a computer problem with a hardware engineer and with your grandmother and have it make sense to both of them.